4.05.2011

Grindhouse: Not Your Boutique Burger

I have yet to be won over by the boutique burger craze. While I do appreciate the aesthetics of the various restaurants, when I look at a dainty patty that is delicately decorated with a sprig of parsnip, a diced pineapple and a sauce that lacks ketchup or thousand island, I am left with a quizzical expression and the impression that I will more than likely remain hungry after the meal.

You see, when I want a burger. I want it to be killer -- in the sense that it is both unbelievably delicious and challenges the notion of whether or not I will leave with a clogged artery. A thick patty, smothered in cheese, topped with ketchup and captured between a tasty bun.

For these burgers, I recommend a Grindhouse Killer Burgers.

After the suggestion of my colleagues, a group of us headed down to the Sweet Auburn Curb Market for lunch at Grindhouse Killer Burgers. With the omnipresent slabs of meat around every corner, the market itself proved to be a carnivores oasis.

Being part of the market, the restaurant is a long bar with stools and a spot to order. Nothing fancy, but that is, again, the appeal. One nice perk though -- They project movies on the wall.

When you get in line to order, you are faced with a myriad of burger options that range from Cowboy to Yankee style.

I kept it simple and ordered via the 1-2-3 method:

Naturally, I went with the Beef.

Single. And though I appreciated the healthier options, I tapped into my Irish roots and order the potato bun.


The traditional fixings -- American cheese, lettuce, tomato and ketchup -- as well as the Grindhouse Burger Sauce to mix it up.

All the burgers are specially made to order, and it may take a few minutes. So, sit back, catch a bit of the flick and reflect on the fact that some things in life are well worth the wait.

I also made my order a killer combo by adding crinkle cut french fries and sweet tea. And, Voilà!

In all its simplicity, the meal -- a delicious, melt-in-your-mouth burger with perfectly seasoned french fries and a sweet tea- is, well, to kill for.

If your not up to traveling down to Edgewood, they opened a new location on Piedmont Rd. Menu options appear to be different via locations.

Major Perks: A mouthwatering burger, classic fries and a great experience
Minor Quirks: Not the healthiest meal so eat in moderation and not an option for fast food seekers

No comments:

Post a Comment