1.17.2008

1st Review to Reid First


Need a quick bite to eat that will fill you up and won't empty your pocket?


Then head down to Broad Street's new deli "Which Wich?: Superior Sandwiches." Since its opening last week, I have already been twice.

The Food. The first time I ordered the "Chicken Cheese Steak." It had Cheese Whiz and I added provolone to make it extra cheesy. Although I envisioned melted cheese over chicken strips, I was slightly surprised to find that the meats are deli slices, and the cheese didn't really melt. Still good, but not what I was anticipating. However, I gave the Wich another shot. This time it was the Cuban wich. I would have to say this was De-wich-ious. I was very pleased with the pork, ham and pickle slices. Also, I was ecstatic to see that they serve the small, melt-in-your-mouth ice when you order a beverage.

The Ambiance. It is fast paced. Choose the paper bag with the specific meat you want. Mark what veggies and condiments you want to add and write your name at the bottom. They send it down a line and will shout your name out when it's ready. They also shout at random points during the meal maintaining its location-predecessor Coldstone's feel. Seating is close together, but when it gets warmer the outside seating should alleviate this.

Major Perks: quick, cheap and good ice
Minor Quirks: tight seating

5 comments:

  1. I really like your blog title...very clever.

    I look forward to more reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved WhichWich! The "Thankful Turkey" sandwhich (includes cranberry and stuffing) is also delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool, Jenny! I am planning to go to which wich tomorrow for lunch. Looks like I should get the "Thankful Turkey"! I have a blog about restaurants in Athens (dawgfood.blogspot.com), so I'll write a review for it. You should check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a clever little cat....i love you and your blog, and pearl drops for that matter :)

    ReplyDelete