1.18.2008

You're never to old to be an EnviroKid

Ever wondered how you could help save endangered species, donate to habitat conservation and teach kids about the environment all before 7 a.m.?

Did I mention that you also get a meal out of it?


The gluten-free organic cereal Gorilla Munch is a nutritious start to the day that makes you feel good, too! I originally bought it off a whim, after someone jokingly pointed it out, but was surprised to find that I actually like the taste. I have to stress that I am not a strictly organic junkie and really do like preservatives, but the little cartoon Gorilla on the front won me over.

Similar in taste to General Mills Kix cereal, Gorilla Munch is made from corn meal and tastes good with milk or as an afternoon snack. With a name like Gorilla Munch, you might be asking yourself who the target audience is. Well, it is kids. If you have time you can do the little crossword puzzle or read about the gorillas in Rwanda, but for the older crowd, you can satiate your childhood taste buds for a good cause.

From EnviroKidz Organic, their products range from cereals to snack bars to waffles, and 1% of the annual sales are donated to wildlife. I know that’s not a lot but I am a firm believer that every penny counts! It costs about $3 for a little 10 oz. box, but the benefits out weighed the cost.


Major Perks: Tasty and organic, helps the environment, gluten-free
Minor Quirks: A little pricey, giant Gorilla on the box that screams kids cereal

3 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm gonna get this for my daughter. I will report back later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reporting back: I found Gorilla Munch at the store last week. Kinsey reports it is better than Cheerios, but not as good as Kroger low-sugar apple cinnamon oatmeal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy that Kinsey found it to be better than Cheerios. Apple cinnamon oatmeal is hard to beat!

    ReplyDelete