4.27.2008

Mirko Pasta

Athens may have a “little Italy” but you really can’t get any closer to Italian cuisine than Mirko Pasta.


Breaking away from the downtown Athens dining, my friend and I headed over to the East Side to try a new restaurant. Her roommate suggested Mirko Pasta and after we dined there it was “amore.”

You walk in and order right at the counter. This is my favorite dining style, since you don’t feel the pressure to wait for the check at the end of the meal and can leisurely relax after eating. When you place your order you can choose from 16 different types of noodles and match it with one of the eleven sauces.

These aren’t you regular noodles. Not only are they homemade, but these noodles are made fresh everyday. On average, the noodles and sauce cost $8.50. Also, I recommend ordering an “antipasti.”

I ordered the Trecce Verdi with Pollo y Peperoni and my friend got the Lump Crab Meat with the Boscaiola sauce. While mine was good, but after I sample the other, I was secretly wishing I had ordered it. We also split the Caprese, which was delicious.

After you order, you fill up your own drink from the fountain and grab a seat. It’s casual but a little confusing. After we got to our seats with our drinks and silverware, we saw that there were glasses and silverware at the table already. The table was crowded until the waitress- who I might add was very prompt- came and cleared the table.


The portions are generous and between the fresh bread at the table with a garlic spread and you’re actual meal, you are sure to have leftovers.



Major Perks: The choices and food
Minor Quirks: A little confusing for the new timer

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I went last week and I'm taking my dad when he visits tomorrow night. I would also strongly recommend any of their ravioli. The chicken and sun-dried tomatoes is good, and so is the butternut squash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm! Reminds me of the wonderful food I ate all summer in Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visited Mirko tonight. Had the spinach ravioli with the eggplant sauce. It was pretty tasty, especially the fresh mozzarella, but the ravioli was a touch undercooked. I'll probably return.

    ReplyDelete